The second of three BioEcoN “summer schools” was held 2 – 15 February 2020 at the University of Valladolid (UVa) in Palencia, Spain. Each summer school provides an opportunity to:
- gain knowledge in the field of sustainable forest-based bioeconomy
- participate in the BioEcoN project as evaluators of new course material
- study in an international setting with peers from across Europe and Vietnam
- receive subsidized travel and living costs for 2 weeks of study
The BioEcoN Summer Schools equip students with knowledge and skills required to help mold and navigate in the rapidly developing field of sustainable forest-based bioeconomy, particularly in SE Asia and Europe. They provide a platform to discuss this topic in a highly interdisciplinary and inspiring atmosphere among many international scholars and lecturers. Participants will learn new methods, tools and technologies from various disciplines.
- click here for more program and registration information for the BioEcoN summer school at UVa
- click for more information about BioEcoN Summer Schools in Spain and Vietnam
During the learning period, students gain relief from intensive frontal lectures and group work in-class through participation in numerous practice-oriented training exercises. A few examples are shown below!